2021-22 Admissions Process
Ready to take your learning to the next level? Families and students who choose to join our community care deeply about curiosity, inquiry, and education.
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity come naturally to all children, and we aim to foster that curiosity by encouraging each child to seek paths of inquiry, interest, and expression.
- Critical thinking and analysis are taught at every level, across the curriculum. At our school, we want each child to ask not just why but also what if.
- Open-mindedness is a tool that allows students to be flexible when solving problems and to accept differing points of view as viable solutions. This could not be more important given the increasingly global world facing our children.
- A respect for evidence is found throughout our school. Students learn to shape their own opinions and then fully leverage evidence to reshape their ideas.
Our goal is to ignite and nurture an enduring spirit of of scholarship, curiosity, creativity, and confidence. We value community, learning experientially, exhibiting kindness, and honoring diversity.
Pursuant to ACPS Board Policy LC and Code of Virginia §22.1-212.6., enrollment is open to any child who resides within the Albemarle County school division through a lottery process on a space-available basis. Students for whom no space is available will be placed on the waiting list in the order in which they were selected during the lottery process. Efforts will be made to create a demographic make-up of the school that is reflective of the overall ACPS enrollment demographic to the extent allowable by the law.
REQUIRED: The General Information Form must be submitted by 5:00PM, January 29, 2021 to be included in the lottery. Late submissions will be added to the Waiting List in the order received.
OPTIONAL: The primary purpose of the optional activities is to ensure families and students have a deep understanding of our school philosophy, purpose, practices, and expectations to help them make decisions based on current and accurate information.
- Attend a Virtual School Information Session
- Complete a Student Questionnaire
- Complete a Parent Questionnaire
- Attend a Virtual Student Visit Day (TBA)
- Discuss with Your School Counselor
January 29, 2021: General Information Form Deadline 5:00PM
February 5, 2021: Families Notified of Lottery Results
March 5, 2021: Deadline to Accept Seat if Selected in Lottery
July 15, 2021: Families Notified if Removed from Waiting List
August 1, 2021: 2021-22 Admissions Closes
While we are unable to hold in-person information sessions and school tours due to COVID-19 restriction, we invite you to attend one of our Virtual Information Sessions or contact us directly if none of those dates work for you so we can schedule an alternate meeting.
Virtual School Information Sessions
Register by clicking one of the dates below
Schedule a Virtual Meeting or Phone Call